Friday, May 13, 2011

Facebook Amen Corner


Just in case you haven’t noticed, Facebook has become the “Amen corner” of the net. People post things like pretty pictures of sunsets and say things like “Obama is great” and everyone who responds says something like, “What a pretty picture!” or, “What a pretty sunset!” Or, “Yes, he truly is.” And, “We’re so blessed to have George Soros guiding his every move.”

Now, if anyone should disagree with same sex marriages or abortions, for example; it’s better just to keep it to oneself. One’s comment will be promptly deleted, even if one counters with a reasoned argument.

This has happened to me several times. I could say all I want against Iran’s mullahs, but let me say one word about our sainted co-presidents (Soros-Obama) and puff, it’s gone.

I never put the writings I post here on Facebook, but others do. It’s hit or miss. I suspect they have some kind of machine that scouts for word clusters involving “Soros”, “Obama”, “Koelliker”, “fraud”, "treason”, anti-American”… (you get the idea), and nixes it. Amazing what technology can do these days. And, from news reports I read, our government is getting more and more involved in cyberspace.

I’d imagine, if I were Iranian and blogging from Iran, I’d run into the same buzz saw (only the clusters are different). What’s in a name, anyway?

Alas, the world is getting smaller. We’ll soon be condemned to all doing (and thinking) the same things. In a way, I don’t blame the jihadis. They’re the last ones on earth who can claim to be free. At least they haven’t looked yet who has them by the tail while they’re slamming us around.

We accuse China of manipulating media; we accuse Iran. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?” (Matthew 7:3)

http://pkoelliker.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment