Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Radical Hobson Twins


It’s been apparent for some time now that the only thing the Democrats and their mouthpiece media care about is getting Democrats elected. It became nauseatingly apparent during the Bush administration when they celebrated every fallen American soldier in Iraq with moments of silent laughter at the end of daily newscasts. Clearly, they wanted to show the war lost to make Bush (and Republicans) look bad. The economy too was reported to be worse than it was. Revisions upward never received due attention.

The strategy is now being continued. Clearly, every Republican idea for saving the economy, social security and Medicare is demonized by the Left - this, while these same people refuse to propose any remedies of their own. What seems obvious to most of us is that if nothing is done, these programs will default. By opposing every fix, Democrats are inviting bankruptcy on a national scale. Their answer is always ‘tax the rich’ which continues to have a certain popular appeal – never mind that, by raising taxes ever higher, talent and capital will flee off-shore, accelerating our march to fiscal Armageddon – never mind that our nation is already broke, and being kept afloat by smoke on mirrors and by every infinity we can find to define.

The thinking among Democrats continues to be that the end-all is simply to keep getting elected as to afford them a chance to continue feasting at the public troth. Most are unable to see beyond their elections. They don’t understand that, once in office, their job should just be beginning: to represent the people(’s will) and protect our nation.

Republicans - perennial losers - stand green with envy and awe of what the Dems are consistently able to do in their own behalf. Like hungry beggars, they slaver over the crumbs that the Dems leave out for the ones most likely to whore themselves out to traitorous causes.

Senators and Congressmen who get up and grandstand about cutting foreign aid and assistance to the poor are doing so simply to divert attention from their own excesses. The gravy train keeps rolling – certainly not for the genuine poor (who will always be exactly where they are, and who will always be poor; but) – to feather their own political nests.

Don’t look to fancy constructs of conspiracy. Don’t look to various ‘isms’ to explain it. Simply put, we are eating our own. NY-26 has introduced yet another arrow into the Democrat Party quiver. Democrats have discovered that the tea party now is their best friend. By injecting some fake, phony ‘tea party’ member into any election mix, their reservation at the beggar’s banquet is virtually guaranteed.

Reminds of all those so-called ‘democracy’ movements in the Middle East that are being hijacked by the MB. It looks like we’re down to choosing between identical Hobson twins.

Between radical ideology and radical greed, which one would you choose? For my money, I’d be content just to stay home and read about it in the paper the next morning.

http://pkoelliker.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. There's been no posts for a while now.. Hope everything is okay with you!

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph- You are not the only one who is missing Peter. I noticed his absence as well. Everyone did......

    I am going to re-post several comments from The John Bachelor Radio program blog. It was a show that Peter listened to often (As did I) and commented on here. It was Peter's comments on the John Bachelor Show blog that drew me to this highly intelligent, thoughtful and superbly written essays. I became a fan of all of Peter's thoughts and musings here on the Reflections blog.

    Well here goes : (I am re-posting some comments from the JBS Blog) and finally I will post a link to the original post on the JBS website at the end of this post.

    (From the JBS website):

    Kenneth Stevens | June 2, 2011 8:19 PM
    I hope that all is well with Peter Koelliker. Of late he has been uncharacteristically absent from these parts.

    paulmentzel replied to comment from Kenneth Stevens | June 3, 2011 3:48 AM
    Regarding Peter Koelliker; Peter died peacefully in his sleep on the 28th of May. I considered him a friend of mine, and greatly admired his ability to express himself in writing in ways that I will never be able to. His blog, Reflections was in many ways a work of art. My thoughts and prayers are with his wonderful family. He will be sorely missed.

    Corlyss D replied to comment from paulmentzel | June 3, 2011 5:14 AM
    Paul,
    I'm so sorry about Peter's passing. I knew him only from his posts here, but he was always very articulate and a gentleman of the old school. I looked forward to his promised descriptions of his life and work in India when he returned there. JBS website will miss his lively and prompt posts.

    ccdavis | June 3, 2011 11:38 AM
    Most sorry to hear this news.

    Kenneth Stevens replied to comment from paulmentzel | June 3, 2011 2:28 PM
    Very sad news. My best wishes to his friends and family.

    Brian Cartwright | June 3, 2011 6:37 PM
    Oh wow, so surprised to hear about Peter. I only 'knew' him from here, but as Corlyss said, he was so articulate. Honestly, I'm crying right now. My prayers to his family.

    Lou Filliger | June 3, 2011 7:22 PM
    Very sorry to hear about Peter's death. Condolences to his family. He was a great contributor to this website and will be missed.
    I will post some of my favorite lyrics in his honor. From Los Lobos:
    --------

    The John Bachelor Show: (original link to this info)
    http://johnbatchelorshow.com/jb/2011/06/soft-patch-2/
    --------------------

    Peter, I will sorely miss you. Your writings were brilliant and Reflections is a true work of art. I hope that the Reflections Blog stays up as a virtual memorial to Peter's spirit, ideas and legacy.

    R.I.P. Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Peter as a student in his hometown, graduating high school together. By random chance I happened across his obit tonight.

    http://tinyurl.com/3zh8juf

    I had not seen him since our 20th graduation reunion and I regret not contacting him since then. I hope I will be able to review this body of work that he left us to reacquaint in a way.

    Rock on Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After discovering Peter Koelliker on the John Bachelor site, I looked forward everyday to his amazing and gifted analysis.
    So very sorry to hear of his passing. I will greatly miss his work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't read the Batchelor site anymore...I miss Peter and his always wonderful comments. I watch what is happening in the world, often stopping to wish Peter could give us a different angle on it.

    A sad Babci...

    ReplyDelete