Saturday, July 25, 2009

Give us Barabbas!


There's one thing that's been troubling me. Spencer actually stuck his sweaty finger into the wound. During the campaign I stated publicly that should Obama be elected, I would accept him as my president - quite unlike the Dems who insisted to the first and last man standing that Bush was 'selected, not elected', effectively painting him as illegitimate. It paved the way for them to summarily oppose his every effort. Seeing the need for Americans to come together, I thought that I would give Obama (or whoever was elected) a chance and judge him only by what can be reasonably projected as being the result of his various policy decisions, and not by my own petty prejudices.

Having re-read some of my blogs, I see I have been consistent and uncompromisingly negative about Obama's presidency. This, for some, translates into a dull-witted, knee-jerk response similar to that which was practiced by the Dems (and the press) during the Bush years. I have examined my conscience and can honestly say that nothing I have seen since Obama’s inauguration is cause for optimism. Logic itself defies any reason for optimism.

Still, Obama, for better or worse, is our president, the leader of our country. Has it now become our duty to follow him into the abyss? Or may we speak out in the hope that someone will yet hear as we crash and burn? Perhaps we are fated to fade away. But let it be said that at least some of us did not go along quietly with the euphorically inflamed mob shouting “Give us Barabbas!”

1 comment:

  1. No president is the "leader of our country". He's the head of the executive branch and the commander in chief of our military when they are not at war and when they are at war. He's even the commander when our military is at war in a foreign land without constitutional authority, such as Viet Nam or Iraq.
    Leader of our country.... poppy cock! This president was a communist before the election and he's a communist after the election.

    ReplyDelete