Thursday, May 27, 2010

How could I have missed it?


After ruminating about religion all week, yesterday struck my epiphany. It seems God too gets fed up and angry at times. He loses patience with mankind’s endless whining and hand-wringing. Like a bolt of lighting He descends from the heavens, brushing every irrelevance aside, and takes matters into His own hands. And we are left standing simply in awe of His superior intellect and power. “Plug the damn hole!” He proclaimed to the assembled. And the very next day it was done.

Glenn Beck tells us that we are about to see miracles. I’ve just seen my first. Maybe there were others but I just didn’t notice. Blinded by ideology and racism, I was loath to give Obama credit for even a single one of his loaves; his fish - his wine. How could I have missed it?

Getting himself elected in the first place was no small miracle. And so was passing health care legislation; shepherding the automobile industry to profit; saving banking, housing and God knows what else: Saving the Euro, saving the dollar, saving no less than the planet from certain catastrophic meltdown. Pouring his viscous ‘cool’ over the choppy waters of the Near, Far and Middle East; Mexico and South America. Too many miracles to mention… We are truly blessed! Let me get my prayer rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment