Saturday, May 8, 2010

I Smell a Rat


The country was already long gone before we elected Obama. We’d already celebrated abortion; questioned the sanctity of marriage; argued about alternative lifestyles and put any perversity into the hands of anyone old enough to click a mouse. We wrapped it all in the flag and called it freedom, choice – liberty. Meanwhile, we were so busy with all this stuff; we never had the inclination or the time to pay much attention to what our schools and our government were doing.

In 1973 I sold my distressed blue jeans over in India for a small fortune. These were not available there at the time and everybody wanted them. Today, I could fill my suitcase with Playboys, Penthouses, Hustlers and the like and probably make enough money to pay for my trip. They never check at immigration. Nowadays, they’re more interested in bombs, wires, matches and water bottles. It never occurs to me to do this, however. You might say it just did.

Stick with me on this… Yesterday, I made it a point to listen to two radio programs I don’t ordinarily listen to: Philadelphia’s Michael Smerconish and New York’s Joan Hamburg. Both host talk shows; both are hopeless suck-ups to Obama. I wanted to test a theory of mine. The conservative shows I normally listen to are peppered with ED and PE commercials. It’s annoying because this is the primary reason I’m embarrassed to recommend such programs to my kids and liberal friends.

Sure enough, the Obama suck-up talk shows had no such commercials. Smerconish made up for it though by dwelling endlessly on sex related topics.

It would seem that male enhancement ads are so totally out of character (and misdirected) on shows like ‘The John Batchelor Show’ for instance. I’m also quite certain that it’s the networks that insist on it – that Batchelor himself has not much say in this. It appears to be the price the liberal media structure feels justified in exacting for the privilege of playing on what it claims as its own turf (not necessarily for profit, but) to put a chink in the credibility of the criticisms certain to be rendered.

I smell a rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment