Monday, October 11, 2010

Scapegoats


It’s quite enough for me to know that Obama supports and actively campaigns for Alexi Giannoulias. As I said before, the midterms have turned national. Local issues are strictly incidental. On the other hand, POTUS must know that his endorsement is poison. Perhaps he wants the Republicans to win after all, and is only going through the motions. Clearly, Obama shows no sign that he fears a Republican majority. Is it out of resignation? Or is it a strategy?

Perhaps the name of the game is to determine who will preside over America’s collapse? With Republicans taking charge of Congress, it is they who will likely suffer the slings and arrows of the state-run media. POTUS - always pure as the wind-driven snow - could come out the winner.

I know it’s cynical to suggest that Republicans - even while victorious - are quietly being made into scapegoats. I know it’s cynical to assume that Republicans do not see the trap - just as I see the our economy so booby-trapped that even the mere prospect of optimism could serve to set off the (inflation) bomb.

The fact is, we’re playing catch-up. Things may have gone too far already; I doubt it can be reversed piecemeal. I’m still amazed that nobody on our side is seriously talking impeachment. That would settle it.

http://pkoelliker.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment