Friday, June 11, 2010

Morphic Resonance


I am continually amazed that after posting the day’s offering on this blog, I often hear virtually the same thing spoken or written by someone else later that day or the day after. This morning, for instance, I wrote about the possible linkage between the demise of ‘global warming’ speculation and the Gulf oil spill. This afternoon, substitute host for the Rush Limbaugh Show, Mark Belling, made the very same point. It’s happens time and time again. I really don’t believe that someone is out there using my stuff. The only credible answer then has to lie in what Rupert Sheldrake refers to as ‘morphic resonance’: a growing number of people all reaching the same conclusions.

So, let’s stipulate that ‘morphic resonance’ in one form or another exists. I, of course, feel gratified by the sense of being ‘plugged in’. Why is it then that liberals don’t get it? Answer: blocking. Liberals are somehow able to block, for whatever reason, the feedback mechanism between the morphic field (within which the awareness of the species gestates) and themselves.

I pretty much know where we’re headed. I’ve stated it outright or alluded to it in nearly every post. What eludes me (and presumably others as well) is the way out. How do we save ourselves? is the question that now preoccupies me. I’ve made some plans which involve leaving the U.S. for good. But that doesn’t solve it for my children. I’m still hoping that this new generation can come up with some answers to get us out of the mess my generation has left them with. I just don’t see it.

Meg Whitman says she ‘see(s) it every day’. Her answer is to put Californians back to work. Duh! If someone had said this even two years ago, I would have believed it’s as simple as that. In the meantime, we’ve become so terribly entrenched in our debt obligations, a magic wand of hopeful words simply won’t do it anymore. I found it interesting that the clip began with a view of San Francisco, Mecca of liberalism in America. It ended with a shot of Death Valley. Coincidence? (…like the steady stream of offensive advertising on conservative talk radio?)

No comments:

Post a Comment