Monday, September 13, 2010

Bashing the Tea Parties


Another day, another swipe at the Tea Parties to build up your lib creds - just in case the power of legitimized corruption wins this round. It’s easy to swipe at Tea Parties - just like it was easy to swipe at Bush. There is literally no down-side. You’re practically guaranteed a ring-side seat while Mom & Pop America are being drawn-and-quartered publicly.

I didn’t even want to reply to this one. I don’t think it deserves a reply. Like I said, it’s too easy and not worthy of your talents - which may well be considerable. Besides, it’s not true. And, oh yeah, you’ll get your 30-40 comments. Whoopee! Much more of this and the JBS website will begin to approximate tumbleweeds; crickets and The New York Times.

You’re right, of course: I had a tough time explaining Tea Parties to Raman over coffee last week. I’m not sure I was able to convince him. He didn’t believe me about POTUS either. Why should he? All the Americans over here are big time libs; the papers are communist; the mayor’s name is Stalin. The principal meeting place is the Russian Cultural Center. The American Consulate is a fortress. I’m lucky Ram didn’t strike me from the mailing list.

No downside should the Tea Parties win out either. You know very well they’re not about reparations or revenge. And that, admittedly, may be a failing. A little fright night thrown into the mix wouldn’t hurt at this point.

Nothing like if the ACORN types should win out in the end. Or Erdogan. Or that little Hitler in your ancestral place. They’d surely see to it that you and me, along with everybody else, 'd have our asses in a sling. Like if the Palestinians should prevail over Israel; or AQ over everybody too fat to wear a belt.

What’s got you so upset at the Tea Parties anyway? Is it because you think that because of their civilized ways they can’t win? This could be true - but still, siding with the likely winners of this contest is not a principled stand. Remind that principle is all that some of us got left in this country.

http://pkoelliker.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I like to read your blog; you say what I am thinking much more clearly than I could. And you are also amusing sometimes.
    I was wondering what on earth happened to Mr. Batchelor, especially after that interview with Michael Blech, who seem to understand nothing about the economy. I thought when he went on vacation, maybe someone slipped him a mickey in his Kool Aid. By the way, my mother never would let me drink Kool Aid, now that I think of it. In the 50's everyone did. I felt so deprived on o.j.
    Keep writing; I look forward to your commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. K.,

    I, too, enjoy your comments. I didn't realize that I was so pessimistic until I read your comments and realized that I agree with everything you write. However, as I wrote elsewhere, the ground shifted under our feet with the election of B.O., and I pray that we can hold on to some kind of stability until we can right the ship of state.

    I share your admiration for the Tea Party movement and support what they do. I cannot abide snobs and I fear that so many writers whom I once admired are turning out to be just your ordinary, garden-variety snobs. I'm not about to exchange my orthodox Catholic Faith for an exalted form of patriotism, but I'm capable of picking and choosing what is authentic love of country in what the Tea Parties (and Glenn Beck, for that matter) stand for.

    I discovered, during the campaign, what Obama was/is when every one of his Catholic "advisors" was a dissident, anti-Catholic Catholic. I knew then that he is very anti-Catholic and has no understanding of Christianity.

    I read your profile and my only wish is that your taste in music went further back than the '60s--say to Mozart or Chopin or Gershwin or Porter. Really and truly, the world did not begin in 1968 no matter what anyone says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JB now claims satire. Could be right. I think JB would have been happier as a liberal. The trouble is that the libs have morphed into Marxists. And that's a few steps too far even for true liberals.

    As for music, I post memories with a nod to new stuff of which my daughter keeps me apprised. (Without the kids, I would not even have a computer today.) They have been my bridge modernity. I love classical music, especially the Russians. I'm sure you have your own collection.

    ReplyDelete