Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of Confusion


It's the first time I watched a SOTU speech in a long time. I'd gotten out of the habit during Bush. His having his way with the language was difficult to watch - all the more so for the all too predictable, gleeful stoning of the man the next morning in the press. But, I did see most of this one. And, I'm sorry I did.

Most of what can be said about the speech has been said already. We all saw the same speech. I feel embarrassed for Obama. It was like watching a one-legged man exploiting the opportunity to dance a jig (in public). I felt sorry for those whose job it will be to put the best possible face on this pathetic performance. I feel revulsion for those who are out there this morning for the sole purpose of kicking a dead (less-than four-legged) horse.

I share in the confusion of both our allies and our enemies around the world. And I am still at a loss of what Americans were thinking. Nobody in their right mind would allow their three-year old to drive the school bus, even if the regular driver had been fingered in the worst act of child molestation possible by a most impeccable source.

No comments:

Post a Comment