Monday, November 30, 2009

Blow or Forever Hold Your Breath


Lou - Thanks for the advice. I can't really disagree with anything you've ever said. As for me, I try to wear a number of different hats. One is the 'whiner' hat; another is the 'know-it-all'; a third is 'doomsday' hat; you get the idea. I don't think about it all that much; I just write what comes to me. I've looked back over what I've written and find that, surprisingly, I've been rather consistent. So have others. There have been no converts on either side. And that may well be a part of the problem.

You, at least, are willing to listen. You endure liberal blogs. You will applaud a well-crafted point. All of this is commendable. And in a more tolerant world, you'd be rewarded with the honor of being a statesman or diplomat.

But, I fear - I truly fear - we've already gone beyond that. It's been termed a culture war. The operative word is 'war'. They seek to destroy us. Any quarter we grant them - any compromise - will be turned against us and decrease our advantage.

If it were legitimate, I could live with it. They won; we lost. But it was done with smoke and mirrors. It was done through subterfuge, all orchestrated by a relatively small number of players. It galls me that they are doing all this on the backs of hard-working, well-meaning American families who were rightfully engaged in raising their children while trying to keep their own heads above water. The American dream, after all, is a full-time job.

I bet many of them had been told by their parents that if they did the right and honorable thing for their families and participated in community affairs, everything else would turn out right as well. They never dreamed that a moment's glance away would put the entire nation at risk. It just wasn't ever supposed to be that close. When you get on the bus you expect to get where you're going (provided you get on the right bus). There should never be a question as to vetting the driver; examining his political leanings, competency, or state of mind. So lax have we become, we didn't even insist on seeing Obama's valid birth certificate or school and health records! No, we trusted everyone (Frank, Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) to do their jobs and represent our best interests. We assumed they were honorable men and women when we sent them to Washington in our stead. We never thought they would betray us. Ditto, our Universities and the media.

What I think happened last November was a coup. There's nothing much ma n' pa kettle can do about a coup. Still, justly or unjustly, I poke them and won't let them forget that they let it happen. I want them to get so riled up as to ultimately blow the libs' straw house down. Right now, it's our only chance. There's nobody else out there. The Republicans have abdicated. There's a lot of people talking and writing; some are even marching. But it won't amount to a hill of beans until we all decide either to blow in unison - or forever hold our breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment