Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eid-Ul-Adha


None of us speak eloquently - or with heart - about that which frightens us. Barack Obama is in a fix. On one hand, he needs to satisfy those who brought him to the wedding; while on the other, he needs to satisfy the bride. We, the American people, are Barack Obama's bride. If she should begin to suspect that he's playing around, she might grab his golf clubs and beat the crap out of his SUV. If those who brought him should leave him stranded... Well, you know the rest. (By the way, I think it’s a disgrace the way the media is hounding Woods. For once, it doesn't seem to be political.)

By the way, last week I saw something I have never seen in these parts before. My son and I usually take a walk uptown after dinner. We live in a bedroom community twenty miles from New York City along the commuter rail line. The commercial district consists of banks, upscale stores and eateries. We noted a man walking a dog, which is not unusual in itself, except this dog seemed mighty strange. It looked and walked funny. As we got closer, we noticed it wasn't a dog; it was a goat. (I've never seen anyone walking a goat, even in India.)

I'd been led to understand that it was illegal to keep farm animals inside our city limits. But, then, things do change. When I got home I checked the net and found that we were only a couple of days away from Eid-Ul-Adha, the Muslim 'Festival of Sacrifice' marking the day after Arafat.

No comments:

Post a Comment